Welcome back to the second installment of my North Shore Half Marathon Training Log. I told you… I’m GOING TO push these out every Monday since my training schedule typically ends on Saturday BUT there are weekends when I push my long run to Sunday #BUSY.
- Monday: No run
- Tuesday: 4 miles at an easy pace -the work I’ve been putting into this training plan is starting to pay off as 4 miles is actually feeling like a fun distance whereas maybe 3 months ago, I don’t know if I could have completed it without walking or “tying my shoes”
- Wednesday: I had 4 miles scheduled but I had to run in the morning and snoozed a little too long so I only had time for a 5K. It’s fine though becuase it was one of my fastest 5Ks in recent months (years?) and I’m pretty happy with that!
- Thursday: Skipped – pushed today’s run to Friday afternoon
- Friday: 4 miles at an easy pace – I actually got up early Friday morning because Matt got up to run… and I didn’t. Although we did do some yoga once he got back and boy OH BOY, Yoga with Adriene got us feelin’ good
- Saturday: The plan was 6 miles but with a constant downpour all day… I jumped on the dreadmill and completed 4 miles
- Sunday: No run
Total mileage: 15.1mi. I knew it would be a lower week since I wasn’t doing a super long run on the weekend but after seeing last weeks mileage, it is slightly disappointing. It’s fine – I’ve got 20+ on the agenda for this upcoming week. MY HALF IS IN 5 WEEKS! WOAH!
I don’t want to say I fell off the healthy-eating wagon this week because… for the most part, I didn’t. I definitely did not eat as many vegetables as I should have but life happens and sometimes vegetables fall by the wayside, right? Right.
And this weekend was weird with Matt and I viewing apartments, having to stay out of our townhome for showings, and we ate out TWICE this weekend. TWICE! Can you believe that? So, it’s back on the grind this week and shoving as many vegetables into my face as possible.
In all seriousness, I’ve got some seasoned chicken breasts prepared and chopped some veggies so that when I go to make my lunch the night before or morning of, I can just throw it all together in a few minutes. My salad of the week is a Greek chicken salad – although, letsbereal, I could always go for a Greek salad: crisp greens, zesty chicken, oil & herb dressing, and FETA. ALL OF THE FETA. Okay, not all of it because I’m dieting but youknowwhatI’msayin.
That’s all I’ve got for you folks, today! If you haven’t already, check out my latest recipe: Strawberry Lemon Quick Bread – it’s going to be my go-to pre-run snack this week! And tune in next Monday to read next weeks training log!