Aaaand we’re back for some more Weekly Workouts + a lil bit of What I Ate! In case you missed my most recent post about repurposing your Thanksgiving leftovers, you can check that out here!
Hello & happy belated Thanksgiving! I hope you all had a healthy and tasty holiday – I know did. I was so glad to have 4 days off of work but can I just say that no break seems long enough?! Getting up yesterday morning, making the commute, and spending all day at work was suCH A DRAG! But, ya gotta do what ya gotta do to get those bills paid, am I right?!
Speaking of healthy holidays – my weight was down another 0.5 pounds on Saturday morning. Even with the giant Thanksgiving feast, birthday cake, and dinner out on Friday night. Hurray! Apparently, keeping track of what you’re consuming actually works. Who knew, right? I knew. I knew and got lazy. No more!
Anyway, let’s move on to the workouts last week. They were… slacking. Majorly.
- Sunday: None
- Monday: Worked from home so 4 mile run
- Tuesday: 2.8 mile run on lunch
- Wednesday: Day 1 of Yoga with Adriene
- Thursday: Turkey Trot 5K
- Friday: 4 mile run + Day 2 of Yoga with Adriene
- Saturday: 4 mile run + Day 3 of Yoga with Adriene
And that’s it. There was no gym last week. Between working from home on Monday, the holiday and having errands to run after work, there was “no time” for the gym. Whatever. We back at it this week, fam.
What I Ate:
With all of the leftovers from Thanksgiving, I ate good all weekend. Let’s take a look at Saturday’s meals:
- Breakfast: Saturday morning breakfast was 2 scrambled eggs, leftover honey ham fried up on the stove-top, slice of toast, and some grapes. Hearty AF.
- Snack/Lunch: Matt and I had dinner plans on Saturday night so instead of eating a lot for lunch, I just had a banana
- Dinner: We celebrated my birthday at Giordano’s for an appetizer sampler (yum!) and deep-dish pizza (even BETTER!) . I also had a 312 Green Line to drink. We were initially going to go to Mia Francesca’sbut we got off the train + went in the wrong direction so… Giordano’s it was!
And that’s it for today’s Weekly Workouts and Eats!
On the blog later this week: a Shaved Brussel Sprout salad – the perfect addition to your healthy holiday meals!