Greetings, fam! I’m back for another week of sharing my Weekly Workouts + some food I’ve consumed throughout the last 7 days. I hope you all had a fantastic, and healthy, weekend and are feeling energized to take on another week! We are in that terrible period between two major holidays where, you and all of your coworkers are probably sick of seeing each other and you just need a break.
At least, that’s how I feel.
Luckily, I’m getting another break this Thursday when I head off to Florida for a few days! My dad needs to do some business down there so my step-mom, Lynn, and I are going with him! They bought a condo down in Naples over the summer and I haven’t been yet so I am VERY EXCITED! A few days in the sun are gonna do me some GOOD.
Speaking of doing me some good, I’ve been doing a pseudo 30-day yoga challenge. Pseudo 30-day because I haven’t been doing it every day but… whatever. Matt and I have been following along with Yoga with Adriene. If you’re out of the loop, Adriene is like, the most popular yoga YouTuber and for good reason. She’s quirky, not annoying, and makes yoga enjoyable. Her videos are anywhere from 6-45+ minutes long and from beginner to advanced so there is something for everyone!
Anyway, this is not an ad for Adriene. But! Her videos are amazing and I feel like a new woman after just the first 9 days! The last thing I want to do at night, usually after dinner, is a yoga video but I feel so much better during and after that taking 20-30 minutes each night is worth it.
- Sunday: 30 Days of Yoga Day 3 – no run since I fell on Saturdaygetting into my Uber & twisted my ankle. OUCH. Erin + heels, even booties = not a good mix, thanks.
- Monday: 30 Days of Yoga Day 4 & ~30 minutes in the gym for a back workout
- Assisted pull-ups of varying assistance and rep ranges
- 4×10 seated rows
- 1×10 unweighted hyperextensions, 3×10 25# hyperextensions
- 4×10 bicep curlz for the gurlz
- Cable curlz for the gurlz
- Tuesday: 2 mile run – my ankle was still sore so I took it nice and easy. A little upper body + core workout in the gym
- 4×12 cable flyes
- 3×10 incline db press with 25# dbs (#weak), 1×15 with 15# db
- 3×10 SS lateral + forward db raises
- 4×10 seated shoulder press with some machine at the gym #NotAFan
- Core circuit: weighted twists, crunches, leg lifts, butterflies
- Wednesday: 2.8 mile run on my lunch break & leg workout after work
- Friday: 3 mile run
- Saturday: 5 mile run along the lakefront and it was 50 DEGREES! I am LoViNg this warm, winter weather.
What I Eat:
I started off Friday morning with my usual: 1 egg, egg whites, 2 maple chicken sausages from Trader Joe’s and a packet of oatmeal.
Come lunchtime, I wasn’t very hungry so instead of having a regular ol’ lunch, I opted for a green smoothie.
And then for dinner, I used the marinade for my chicken gyros for some chicken thighs + quinoa + green beans.
Workout on the Go:
So many of us are so busy all of the time and we don’t always have time for a full workout. Today I’m sharing a quick, but challenging, on the go workout. You can do this on your lunch break, in a hotel room, on the beach, or while watching tv! This routine requires no equipment aside from a chair (a step, a couch…. anything to do your dips on).
15 minute AMRAP (as many rounds as possible)
- 15 burpees
- 10 walking lunges (10/leg)
- 15 air squats
- 15 burpees
- 10 push-ups
- 10 tricep dips