Happy Monday morning, friends and fam. I hope you all had a restful weekend before the holiday season starts in full-force! I had a mostly peaceful weekend – I made banana bread for some banana bread french toast & it is as good as it sounds. I used my banana bread recipe which is butter, oil & refined sugar free! I highly recommend you give it a try one of these days 🙂
Matt and I continued our new-to-us tradition of having pizza on Friday nights by trying out the double crust pizza from Totorice’s. While hot, it’s a 7/10 but after it starts to cool, I give it a solid 5/10. We probably won’t be going back there but it was good to check it off of our list.
I woke up Saturday morning another pound down so that puts me at -8.4 pounds in the last 2 months. Hurray! It’s always good to see some qualitative progress along with the other benefits of eating better + working out smarter. I also spent a good portion of Saturday morning looking at homes that I’ll never be able to afford along the California coast. #SAD but really, who can afford an $11M home? Money can’t buy you happiness but it can buy you your dream home on the beach which is CLOSE ENOUGH FOR ME.
- Sunday: 6 mile run
- Monday: None
- Tuesday: 30 minute run + 30 minutes in the gym
- 4×12 lat pull downs
- 4×12 upright rows
- 3×10 bent over dumbbell rows
- 3×10 bicep curlz for tha gurlz
- Core work: planks, crunches, etc
- Wednesday: None – planned for a lunch run but it was raining all day = not pleasant
- Thursday: 30 minute run on lunch + skipped the gym because I had to catch the Grey’s winter finale
- Friday: 30 minute run on lunch + 30 minutes in the gym
- 3×12 unweighted walking lunges
- 1×10 45# squats (just the bar)
- 1×10 65# squats
- 3×8 95# squats – uh, when did I get so weak?!
- 3×10 hamstring curls
- 3×10 adductor machine
- Core work: planks
- Stretching – lots of stretching!
- Saturday: I planned to run 6+ miles but it rained all day so… Sunday it is! I did a Yoga with Adriene video, though.
What I Ate In a Day:
Today, I’m going to share my eats from last Wednesday. Matt worked from home on Wednesday so he had dinner ready for us when I got home 🙂
- Breakfast: a cup of coffee & 1 egg + 3TBSP egg beaters, 2 Maple Chicken Sausage Links (I L-I-V-E for these!), and a packet of oatmeal. It’s my standard, go-to breakfast because it’s quick, easy, and nutritious
- Snack: a handful of roasted, salted almonds – almonds are, surprisingly, pretty filling + the salt makes everything better
- Lunch: We didn’t have leftovers from Tuesday’s dinner so lunch = asandwich with turkey, cheese, and spinach, Greek yogurt, grapes, and some pretzel thins.
- Dinner: Matt made Sriracha Honey chicken thighs with rice + broccoli. Protein + rice + broccoli is our go-to lately because it’s just so stinkin’ easy and you can get a lot of your nutrients from the meal
And that’s a wrap, folks! Stay tuned for later this week when I share an easy-peasy last-minute Thanksgiving side dish!