Woaaaaaaah, I’M HALFWAY THERE! That is the theme song to this week. Oh, it is Monday again and time for my weekly Running Recap. Ya know, I feel like there’s only so much I can talk about when it comes to running so today we’re gonna try something new. Instead of just the running recap, you’re gonna get a life update on yours truly 🙂 Before we get on to that, if you feel so inclined, I am running the Chicago Marathon for charity this year and would love your support!
First things first (I’m the realest), since you’re here to read about running: I don’t know if I’ll ever run a marathon again. At least, not while I’m commuting to work and/or working inflexible work hours. It is really-freakin’-hard to get it all done and I applaud those of you who manage to work full-time, commute, have kids, and train. Like, I don’t get how you can do it but CONGRATS, you’re superhuman (to me). I have a cousin who works, has a family, and manages to train for Ironman competitions so, there’s that. Also, I really do not want to spend 3 hours running on a Sunday morning (me, yesterday). Maybe I’m just cranky because I’ve spent the last 2 weekends moving, running, and preparing for the week ahead. Yes, I’m sure that’s it. Like, maybe I just need some time to chill, get a massage, take a nap. Some more ~me time. Gosh, I’m such a millennial.
Next: Game of Thrones. WHAT AN EPISODE. I didn’t even notice it was short. Am I bad fan? I’m not sure. All I’ll say though, because I don’t want to spoil anything, is that my heart was beating a million miles a minute during the last few scenes. Also, if you don’t watch GoT in real time, WHAT IS YOU DOIN? There are so many things I want to talk about but won’t. Speaking of spoilers: I follow a Grey’s Anatomy fan page (lol) and a girl commented complaining about a spoiler from an episode in Season 6! GIRLFRIEND! We are on Season 13 now GET. WITH. THE. PROGRAM. Also, maybe don’t follow a shows fan page if you’re not caught up? Especially when the show has been on forEVER? Just a thought.
And finally, our apartment is starting to come together. We went out this weekend and got some organizational things and the number of boxes left to unpack is finally dwindling down. I have actually just ordered storage bins for under the bed so when those come in, the boxes will be gone and we can start decorating. I didn’t really want to start decorating while we still have boxes to unpack – so messy! Also, Matt ordered a gas grill! We aren’t allowed to have charcoal grills in our outdoor space but propane is kosher. I can’t wait for it to arrive and be able to grill ALL of the things! And and and! It’ll be here on time for the guests we’re having on Saturday, YAY! 🙂
Ugh okay, here’s my Running Recap for the last week:
Can you believe this is what I get to see everyday? Yeah, me neither.
- Monday: Easy 5 – I was still pretty pooped after moving all weekend but it was definitely good to get out there and shake out my legs.
- Tuesday: 5x1K, 400m recovery – again, my favorite run of the week. Running 1K is so doable and it’s a nice change of pace (quite literally) from steadily slogging it for over an hour.
- Wednesday: A much needed and well-deserved day off
- Thursday: Tempo 8 – honestly, who can do these?! It’s very difficult for me to keep a moderately challenging pace for all 8 miles. I’m good up until 6 and then I just wanna drop off. I managed to relatively maintain, though, so all in all, a decent run.
- Friday: Easy 6
- Saturday: Easy 8 – got this run done early on in the day and spent the rest of the day doing apartment things and carb-loading for Sunday morning’s run. Matt and I went to an Italian restaurant and I had an a-MAZ-ing pasta bolognese. Mmm, yes!
- Sunday: 15 “easy” (ha) miles – yeah, this was not easy in the slightest? I started off pretty decent but was nearly shuffling the last 2-3 miles. What can ya do, ya know? I should’ve worn my water backpack, though. I thought there would be enough water stations on the Lakefront Trail but then I decided to veer off the trail where water stations don’t exist. So, that was dumb! Lesson learned. I did get to experiment with my ClifBloks energy chews and they are fan-freaking-tastic. 10/10 recommend.
Okay! That’s it for this weeks Running Recap! Can you believe it girls? I’m already halfway through. That’s TERRIFYING to me. Ahh!